South Africa Touring Information
July 11th-July 23rd
Hello Touring Choir!
Please add a Tour Meeting date to your calendar; Tuesday, June 5th at 6:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall at Calvin Presbyterian Church. Also listed are the other date reminders:
- May 6th, South Africa Tour Benefit Concert at 6:00 p.m., Trinity Lutheran Church. Call time is at 4:00 p.m.
- July 8th, Tour Rehearsal from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., location to be determined.
- July 9th, Tour Rehearsal from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., location to be determined.
- July 11th, arrive at SeaTac airport at 6:00 a.m. for 9:00 a.m. departure on Delta1443.
- July 23rd, return to SeaTac airport at 3:56 p.m. on Delta145.
Please read the following important documentation information:
New documentation information:
- A minor under the age of 18 is required to travel with an original certified birth certificate (not a copy) as well as a passport. No minor will be allowed on the flight from Atlanta to Johannesburg without this documentation.
- Another very important document which will be required for travel is the Parental Consent Affidavit, which requires the signature of both parents for minors under the age of 18. However, this should not be dated until after April 23rd. The form is attached to give you ample advance notice to complete. Just do not sign or date it yet!
- This is to be signed by both parents and notarized by a Notary Public. We will provide for your convenience a Notary Public at rehearsals on April 24th and May 1st between 5:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. The cost for this service is $10 - cash or check only, made payable to Stina Van Patten.
OR - if the following applies -
- Letter of Special Circumstances issued by Director-General of Home Affairs (in the event that a parent or parents are incapacitated or deceased and no legal guardian has been appointed as yet). If there is only one parent for consent, or divorced parents, or only guardians for instance, please check out this website which explains all that you need. We want to be pro-active so we can avoid any issues upon our arrival in South Africa: http://www.dha.gov.za/index.php/civic-services/traveling-with-children
Below is a list of other documents that will be required for travel, and we encourage you to start gathering and completing the following, with a goal of turning them into the office by March 13th.
- Three copies of your passport. You will need to travel with your original passport.
- If you will be under the age of 18 at time of travel, please also provide 3 copies of your birth certificate for us to have on file for you. You will need to travel with your original birth certificate.
- Complete the attached Medical Release Form. This can be turned in without the notarized signature page. The notarized signature page can be turned in at the same time as the Parental Consent Affidavit.
- Complete the attached Roommate Questionnaire.
On the Release Form, there is a prompt to let us know any tour deviation plans you have for your chorister. If you could send me a quick email letting me know if you are planning to have your chorister deviate from the tour at the end of the tour, instead of returning home with the group that would be great. Then you can complete the form with the details. Thank you for your help and attention to this.
For currently registered parallel travelers, please email the following information to Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also provide copies of your passport which we can lift the information off of if you'd prefer:
Your full name as shown on your passport
Your date of birth
Your passport number and date of expiration.
Thank your for your time and attention.